The best way to warm up on those chilly fall afternoons is with a bowl of soup
My favorite soup to eat during the fall is this yummy vegetable soup packed with veggies!
Saute the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, green pepper, and olive oil and spices.
While the onions, celery, carrots, garlic, and olive oil are sauteing, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Add in the remaining ingredients.
Hearty Vegetable Soup
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 8 medium carrots, makes about 1½-2 cups chopped)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp parsley
- 3 Idaho potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups green beans, cut
- 1 can corn
- 1 can peas
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups V8 juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth, gluten-free
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp parsley
- ½ tsp basil
- salt, to taste
- In a dutch oven, saute onion, celery, green pepper, carrots, and garlic with 2 Tbsp olive oil and ½ tsp ground black pepper and ½ parsley until tender and crisp.
- Add in the corn, tomatoes, peas, potatoes, cabbage, green beans, water, V8, vegetable broth, and herbs.
- Stirring occasionally, bring to a boil and allow soup to boil for about 15 minutes. Taste to see if you need to add more dried herbs, pepper, or salt.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2-3 hours, or until vegetables are tender.