Happy December Everyone!
Now, it is the time of year the decorations go up, the stores get busy, the snow falls, the families cuddle together by the fire, the smell of cookies and hot cocoa fill the air, and joy begins to fill hearts.
December is my favorite month – not just because of all the cuddles and cookies, but because of ADVENT. A time to reflect on the joy of JESUS and wait in joyful anticipation for his coming. He chose the darkest time of year to bring SO MUCH LIGHT. Now, that is just beautiful. I pray the Lord finds a way to bring your heart closer to his this Christmas season so that you may be filled with joy, hope and grace. 🙂
Now to the recipe I made today for my church group–>
Christmas MNM Cookies
- 2 sticks (1 cup) of butter (room temperature)
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, whole
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- ½ cup red and green M&Ms
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- Cream together 2 sticks of butter and 1 ¼ cup sugar.
- Mix in the egg and egg white.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- Add in the flour in small batches.
- Stir in M&Ms and white chocolate chips!
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!