My favorite part about the holidays is all the baking it involves!! I recently hosted a Christmas themed party, so throughout the next week I will be sharing the recipes I used for some the goodies I made!
First, recipe: Peanut Butter Cup Cookies!!
These peanut butter cookies are chewy and made with the perfect center! A Reese cup!! Anyone who knows me well, knows I am addicted to Reese Cups, so these are one of my favorites. But, watch out, these babies are dangerous, before you know it you have ate 5!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter (½ cup), room temperature
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 Reese cups, frozen
- mini-muffin tin
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (176ºC).
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a standing or handheld mixer, beat egg at high speed till fluffy and foamy.
- Beat in the sugars.
- Beat in butter, peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Then, slowly mix in the flour mixture.
- Roll dough into 1-½ inch balls and place into a mini muffin tin. If using a 3×4 mini muffin tin bake for 7-9 minutes. If you are using a 4×6 mini muffin tin, bake for 9-10 minutes .
- While the cookies are baking, unwrap the Reese cups. As soon as you take the cookies out of the oven, push in the Reese cups. Be sure not to push all the way through the cookie because you want to form a cup around the cookie.
- Once pan cools to a decent temperature, I find placing the pan directly in the freezer helps the Reese cups melt less. Once chilled, take pan out of freezer and use a butter knife to help pop cookie cups out of the muffin tin.
- Serve and enjoy!