Tell him “I miss you” with a little Tiramisu.
Having a belated Valentines day date because you were busy yesterday? I know I am because I worked all day and then had to volunteer at the suicide prevention hotline. I’m going to be making my Meat Stuffed Pasta Shells and I also made these Tiramisu truffles, perfect for your favorite coffee lover.
For the Vanilla cake :
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
For the Truffles:
- 1 9-inch vanilla cake, crumbled
- 1 8-oz package mascarpone
- 2 Tbsp instant espresso
- 3 Tbsp half and half
- 20 oz almond bark
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9in cake pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar then beat in 2 eggs.
- Beat in vanilla, milk, and oil.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and slowly beat into mixture.
- Place cake mixture in 9 inch round cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool and crumble into large bowl. Mix with mascarpone, instant expresso and half and half. Roll into 1-inch balls and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours. Note: I have frozen the balls and dipped them while frozen, They still turned out wonderful.
- Once refrigerated, melt almond bark and begin using fork to dip the balls. Once dipped, place onto parchment paper. Feel free to dip in other chocolates of your choice and decorate with sprinkles.