I’ve been on a blondie kick lately and these are now one of my FAVORITE blondies, so many yummy flavors in each bite! I may like them more than my Black and White blondies.
Want to know the secret ingredient to that perfect blondie sweetness and texture?!
Replace some of the butter you would normally add with sugary sweet white chocolate and you have a winner! For these, I did 1/2 cup of butter with 1/2 cup white chocolate, for more sweetness you can do 1/4 cup butter with 1 cup white chocolate. Just melt your butter and stir in the white chocolate.
Butterscotch Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup white chocolate, for melting
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup whole oats
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Spray a 8×8 baking dish with oil.
- Melt the butter. I place the butter in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave for ~40 seconds. if you prefer, you can melt over stovetop.
- Add the white chocolate to the melted butter and stir till chocolate is more melted/soft. Let cool and pour this mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Sift the flour and baking soda together in a small bowl.
- Beat in the sugars to the butter. If your butter mixture is too hot, you’ll see a lot of separation. A little separation is okay and don’t be concerned.
- Beat in each egg, one at a time.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Beat in flour.
- Fold in oats, dark chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips.
- Pour mixture into baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center no longer jiggles. You want to leave these a little gooey because baking for too long will make them cake like and you’ll lose that chewy texture!