This batch of muffins is a double batch recipe! Most Kodiak muffin recipes make 12 muffins, but I feel like 12 is simply not enough. I don’t know about you, but Jake and I FLY through 12 muffins. I’d rather make 24 in one sitting!
Plus – You can also FREEZE them. They will stay fresh for about 3-4 days, but you can freeze them for up to 2 months. I let them cool completely and then place 2 muffins in a sandwich/quart size ziplock bag and place them in the freezer. I take them out the night before and they are unthawed and ready to eat the next morning!
One other fun fact – These muffins are great for an on-the-go breakfast. I love taking them into work and eating them while I check emails. Jake travels for work and these muffins are perfect for his 4 am wake up calls for those dreaded Monday morning flights. This recipe uses Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Flapjack mix. I usually buy a big box from CostCo!
In these pictures, I used dark chocolate chips. But, you can also fold in berries of your choice! One time, I accidentally forgot to add in the eggs… (oops) and they still turned out great. So for my vegan lovers, feel free to use a nut milk and ditch the eggs (which will only yield about 18-20 muffins)!
Easy Double Batch Protein Muffins (Large Batch)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray 2 12-count muffin pans with nonstick spray, set aside. If you only have one muffin pan, I recommenced using liners between each round, instead of greasing the pan.
- In a large bowl, smash 4 medium sized bananas.
- Add in milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, eggs, and peanut butter. Whisk till well combined.
- Whisk in Kodiak Cakes buttermilk mix. FYI – you may still have some lumps of banana, that is okay.
- Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips or frozen berries.
- Using a large spoon, spoon batter into muffin pan. Fill about 2/3 the way.
- Now time to bake them! If you separate each batch of 12, bake each for 15-20 minutes.
- If you are baking 24 muffins in one sitting, bake for 20-25 minutes.
One thought on “Easy Double Batch Protein Muffins”
We would have to make a double-double batch, lol. These look amazing! Adding to my list.