It’s Summer time!
Figured I would start the summer off with a fruity recipe!
The nice warm weather has me craving desserts that are sweet and refreshing! These scrumptious cookies are just that! Each bite has a subtle taste of lemon with a punch of blueberry thats tart and sweet.
These cookies are super easy to make! It’s hard to fold blueberries into a thick cookie dough without mashing them. I recommend pressing in 3-5 blueberries separately into each cookie.
Blueberry Lemon Cookies
- 2 sticks of cold butter (1 cup)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut/Cube the cold butter and place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a different large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Zest and juice 2 lemons, place the zest and juice separately into 2 small bowls/ramekins. Set aside.
- Add the sugar to the butter and beat for 3-4 minutes. Since, the butter is cold, start your mixture on low speed and gradually speed up to medium speed (or else you’ll have sugar flying everywhere).
- Beat in the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and zest.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix in the flour mixture, about 1 cup at a time.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scoop 8 cookie dough globs on a sheet at a time. Bake each sheet of cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges start to become golden brown.