Happy Fourth of July!
Hope you are all jamming to your favorite Fourth of July playlist! Jake and I created one last year with over 120 songs… its fire. Whether you are grilling out with the family or going to fireworks with friends, I hope your day is filled with fun, food, and FREEDOM.
This bundt cake is perfect for your holiday weekend! This cake is a super moist and rich cake with a firework of berry flavors. I used strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries and topped it off with a fresh strawberry glaze! This cake taste as good as it looks and will be quite the crowd pleaser! But, if you’re not a huge berry fan, try my Lemon Poppyseed bundt cake.
Triple Berry Bundt Cake
Note: You’ll need a bundt pan.
IngredientsFor the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, about 45 seconds.
- Add in the sugar and beat an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Beat in each egg, one at a time. Beat in the vanilla, ricotta, and lemon juice. Beat until combined, be sure not to over beat your mixture.
- Beat in 1/3 of dry mixture, then beat in 1/3 of the buttermilk. Repeat 3 times. Use a rubber spatula as needed to remove any flour from the sides of the bowl throughout this process.
- Fold in all the berries.
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking oil (I use a canola spray) and sprinkle lightly with flour. Use a brush if your pan has some extra nooks and crannies. Using a rubber spatula pour mixture into bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool 10-15 minutes. Do not let it cool longer than this or your cake will start to stick to the pan.
- Now, the hardest part, removing the cake from the pan! Some tips: Use a small rubber spatula or butter knife, to release any cake that may be stuck to the sides of the pan. Be very gentle!! Then, turn the bundt pan upside onto any tray or wire wrack you wish to glaze the cake on. Tap and shake the pan to loosen the cake. Slowly pull the bundt pan off the cake. Cross your fingers, pray, do whatever you need to do, because this is the most nerve wrecking part!
- For the Glaze: Puree 4-6 strawberries. Then, in a small bowl whisk together milk, strawberry puree, and vanilla. Whisk in powdered sugar till you get your desired consistency. Pour the glaze over the cake.