Happy September Everyone!!
Fall is now 15 DAYS AWAY!!! I love all seasonal changes, but Fall is one of my favorites! I can’t wait for pumpkin and apple picking!
I grew up on Aunt Jemima Coffee Cake! They no longer make this coffee cake in a bag, but it was a childhood favorite and family tradition! Nothing was more exciting than when your mom let you squeeze the bag! Who else knows what I am even talking about?! 😉 These are the kind of memories that fed into my love for baking!
Apple Sauce Coffee Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Make the crumb topping. Use a fork to mix together the melted butter, sugars, flour, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter and ricotta. Beat in the sugars.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla, and apple sauce
- Add dry mixture + milk in 3 portions, alternating. Add in 1/3 of the dry mixture, 1/3 cup of milk. Repeat 2 times.
- Prep a 9×9 baking dish. Spray with a cooking oil and lightly dust with flour.
- Spoon the batter into the pan. Sprinkle the top with the crumb topping.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, until topping is golden. Use a tooth pick to test the coffee cake, once done no dough should stick to the toothpick!