Only one more week till Thanksgiving!
Are you in need of a recipe to please your vegan aunt, cousin, or brother in law this Thanksgiving?
Then, you’re in luck! I have the perfect recipe for you that will please your vegan and non-vegan family members, alike!
No joke, these vegan pumpkin brownies with a cinnamon buttercream are I-N-C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E. I have already made them 3 times in the past month! I’m actually bringing big batch of these bad boys into work today for a pot luck.!
Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside
- In a separate bowl cream together the butter and almond butter, about 1-2 minutes. Beat in the sugars, another 1-2 minutes.
- Beat in the vanilla and pumpkin puree until blended.
- Beat in half the flour mixture, then milk.
- Beat in the remaining flour mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until center no longer jiggles.
- For the cinnamon butter cream, whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl. Let pumpkin brownies cool before icing.