I decided to update my Tiramisu Truffles recipe! I have made these little guys for a couple years now. I originally posted this recipe for Valentines Day in 2017. This recipe makes a lot of dough – I whip up the first half batch and make half of them for Christmas, then unthaw the dough and make a second batch for Valentines Day!
The main reason I decided to re-event this post was because of the Espresso Morsels released by Nestle this past summer. HOLY MOLY THESE BAD BOYS ARE INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS. (Buy two bags when you make this recipe, because you may just accidentally eat a whole bag by yourself) I dipped these truffles in the melted espresso chocolate and they were oh so delicious!
For the Vanilla cake:
- 1 stick (½ cup) butter, room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups flour
For the Truffles:
- 1 9-inch vanilla cake, crumbled
- 1 8-oz package mascarpone
- 2 Tbsp instant espresso
- 3 Tbsp half and half
- 20 oz almond bark or Espresso Morsels
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease a 9in cake pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar then beat in 2 eggs.
- Beat in vanilla, milk, and oil.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt and slowly beat into mixture.
- Place cake mixture in 9 inch round cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool and crumble into large bowl. Mix with mascarpone, instant espresso and half and half. Roll into 1-inch balls and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours. Note: I have frozen the balls and dipped them while frozen, They still turned out wonderful.
- Once refrigerated, melt the espresso morsels and begin using a fork to dip the balls. Once dipped, place onto parchment paper. Feel free to dip in other chocolates of your choice and decorate with sprinkles or cake crumbles.
Here is a throwback to the batch I made for my 2017 post:
One thought on “Tiramisu Truffles”