Have some leftover bananas that are too ripe to eat? Have some extra cranberries from your holiday desserts?
Then, this recipe is perfect for you!
Cranberry Banana Cake
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×5 in loaf pan
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Then, cream the butter together with the bananas, about 45 seconds.
- Add in the sugars and beat an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Beat in each egg, one at a time. Beat in the vanilla and sour cream. Beat until combined, making sure not to over beat mixture.
- Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time. Fold in the cranberries.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes or until the center no longer jiggles.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes. Use a small rubber spatula to loosen the sides to take the loaf out of the pan.