Low carbohydrate diets are a growing trend in the United States. Paleo, low carb, keto you name it. I share a lot of carb filled recipes, but this recipe is perfect for my Low Carb and Keto loving friends!
If you haven’t noticed, another growing trend on my blog is “Tuscan.” Can you tell I love adding sundried tomatoes and parmesan to anything that I can?! Well… here you all go, gifting you all with another amazing tuscan flavored dish! Yay!
P.S. This recipe is SO easy and only takes 10 minutes to prep and 50 minutes to cook! It doesn’t require 500 bowls, pots and pans. You will use 1 sharp knife, baking sheet, small bowl and cheese grater, (which also means little clean up)! If a spaghetti squash seems intimidating to you, I promise it is not.
Tuscan Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut
- 1/2 mozzarella cheese,shredded
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- salt, pepper, olive oil, and garlic powder for seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Microwave the squash for 3-4 minutes. This will help soften it enough to easily cut the squash in half and remove the seedy center.
- Once the innards are removed, drizzle olive oil over the top and rub all over. Season with salt, ground pepper, and garlic powder. Mix together the cheeses, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, oregano in a small bowl, Sprinkle over the top of each half.
- To bake, lay a sheet of foil over the top of both pieces and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and let cook for 20-25 minute minutes.
- Let cool and use a fork to pull the spaghetti squash apart and serve!
One thought on “Tuscan Spaghetti Squash”
Atm here in Zagreb is hard to find squash in the store, but as soon as I do, I need to prepare this recipe!