Happee 40th Birthdae Harry!
One day I had butterscotch chips and was going to remake my butterscotch blondies recipe, when I happened upon the idea of a butterscotch flavored snickerdoodle! Holy Moly. I now think all snickerdoodles should always be butterscotch flavored. But, calling them butterscotch snickerdoodles seemed boring, and that is when I realized, these are totally butterbeer flavored! The browned butter with melted butterscotch chips makes these cookies oh so delicious.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Brown 1 cup of butter in a pan, once the butter starts turning a very light brown, pour into a small bowl. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes. (The butter will solidified). Place the solidified butter in a large bowl and beat for 1 minute, until creamy again. </li
- Melt the butterscotch chips and beat the melted mixture in with the butter. Beat in the sugars, another 30-60 seconds.
- Crack and beat in two eggs, only until incorporated. Do not over beat the eggs (you don’t want to add too much air to the mixture).
- Mix in the flour mixture.
- Chill the dough for 1-2 hours. Once chilled, roll the dough into 1 inch balls (I recommend using a cookie scooper), roll each ball in cinnamon sugar and place on a baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Baking Instructions for less-cakey cookies: Bake the cookies for 5 minutes. Using two ovenmits take the baking sheet out of the oven gently slam it on the counter 8-10 times. (If this step is skipped, you’ll end up with thicker and cake-like cookies) Place the baking sheet back in the oven for 4 minutes. Take out and bang the pan a couple more times. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Best served with butterbear 😉